Assessment report for pip - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report for pip

Options
2»

Comments

• PIPQuestions
    PIPQuestions Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yadnad said:
    Whiterose said:
    Pipquestions I scored 10 for moving around. I have been diagnosed with depression hearing voices and generalised anxiety disorder. I take pregabilin for anxiety which has recently been increased. The assessor claimed I do not take medication for anxiety.
    So you have mobility issues ? Apologies , didn't sound like it from your op. In that case definitely appeal as 4 points is the difference between standard and enhanced.

This is because pregabilin is generally used for pain and I think epilsepys and not anxiety. I think a lot of people don't realise it actually helps with anxiety because it's rare it's used for it. All you can really do is mention it is used for anxiety and that's why you have it prescribed, and if possible get a confirmation letter from your Dr stating this aswell.

The link I gave above comes from the NHS and it clearly shows that it is used for anxiety amongst other issues.
    For them to state that in a report to the DWP shows that they have little knowledge.
    Mind you, not rocking in a chair, salivating, having eye contact, not sweating, etc are also signs of not actually suffering from any mental illness.

I'm aware it can be prescribed for anxiety however it's not commonly used for that which may be why his assessor didn't know it could be used for anxiety and probably assumed it was for pain or something.
    Whiterose said:
    Pipquestions will it help to send the leaflet that comes inside the box of pregabilin?
    As @poppy123456 said, I think this would be pointless, in addition to what (s)he said, it does not tell the DWP why you're prescribed it specifically. Telling why you're prescribed it won't really make a difference but as it will be easy for you to prove wrong and prove the assessors incompetence it may add credence to the rest of your appeal so it's probably worth arguing against that part but only in a throwaway statement and not focusing your appeal around it.

I'm on no medication for anxiety as nothing helps and/or side effects (except diazepam which my Dr refuses to give as I would need it longterm), or alcohol, LOL, and I was recently turned down with 0 points for all. I think this gave the assessor ammo and maybe made him think that I wasn't being serious re: my anxiety. So while medication doesn't really help you for PIP, I think it helps 'prove' you have said condition and aren't just making it up for benefits so I believe it's worth mentioing why you're on it at least.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.