Pip renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip renewal

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My wife's pip is up next April do the DWP always contact claimants saying their pip is coming to an end or do they ignore the deadline and let her pip expire If she doesn't contact them. Any help appreciated

Comments

• markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    They should invite her to apply again around 14 weeks before but don't rely on it 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Her PIP will end on the stated on the award letter, if a decision isn't made by that date.  If they don't contact her 3 months before then she should ring them to request another form, if she wishes to claim again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Options
    Best to enquire 20 weeks before the end date and find out the timescale for a new claim to be processed as you do not want your award to end before you get a decision on your new one.
    14 weeks seems optimistic as some are waiting that time to get an assessment then it's 8 weeks for a decision 
  • valleyboy
    valleyboy Community member Posts: 55 Connected
    Options
    I'm surprised your wife ain't had another f2f assessment ALREADY..
    My pip award expires December 2019 where I've received my renewal form already and must be returned by the 6th of January 2919 which don't give me alot of time to get it completed and returned..
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    valleyboy said:
    I'm surprised your wife ain't had another f2f assessment ALREADY..
    My pip award expires December 2019 where I've received my renewal form already and must be returned by the 6th of January 2919 which don't give me alot of time to get it completed and returned..
    PIP awards given by a Tribunal are different. There's no review 1 year before the award is due to end. Instead they are contacted 3 months before the award is due to end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.