Light touch review for PIP ongoing re-examined — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Light touch review for PIP ongoing re-examined

Options
Government_needs_reform
Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
I wonder @Username_removed if you could give a little further advice on this statement Amber Rudd Mad a tatement and has posted. I know we've discussed this a while ago but Iam a little confused in what she now means with the ongoing awards I've underlined the confusing parts of this meaning.

This is the confusing part of this "Their needs re-examined" light touch?

Here is the Amber Rudd statement of facts here.

Thanks Mike if you can shed any further light on this will be helpful, as you know about this stuff and I'm the confused one.
⬇️
I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Also how far back would they intend to go as regards existing and previous claims/assessments/awards?

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Username_removed

Came across an article on the Disabilty News Service (DNS).

John Ttring explains that the guidance issued in August, is now to be used for review case.

The actual guidance is 6 pages long and is very flimsy to say the least.

There is no suggestion of introducing a soft touch.

My award is up for review next year and I intend to appeal the length of award, if needs be.

Sorry, can't get link up, but if you google DNS, you can read in full.
  • Government_needs_reform
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Cheers for you added info @Username_removed I guessed this was or would be the case another lie from them just like the "light touch" I've added a few examples of this strange way they are doing things.

As you you can see above it's not even been designed yet. Meaning the design of the light touch reviews, for which was supposed to be released at the end of the summer 2018? Now going by this it won't be til 2023. Strange.

Some other items of PIP interest for some members added here too.

Also for some members further information for members that maybe useful.

This is the catagory im in and will never now improve "ongoing" PIP

A copy from Capita I diden't have any face to face all Paper Based.

No one with a 10 year?

⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• Government_needs_reform
    Options
    The guidance was quietly issued back in August but there’s no evidence I’m aware of that anything has changed. To do existing claims would require a review similar to ESA. No signs of that happening. 
    @Username_removed just found the bit I was looking for... Summer..

⬇️

• atlas46
    atlas46 Community member Posts: 826 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Username_removed

Agree entirely about John, he is a stalwart for the disabled community and a nice guy to boot.
  • Dzenana1
    Dzenana1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been on PIP enhances rates (both for mobility and daily living) since 2016. I was awarded PIP till June 2019. I have multiple, long term chronic health conditions, and my support needs have increased since my initial award. I was hoping that the new rules and guidance would be apply. But, I have just received a review form instead! So much about DWP following the new rules and guidance for the ‘disabled claimants in receipt of enhanced rates, whose needs will remain same or will increase!
    Just wondering if to raise a disputed with DWP instead of completing the review form.
  • Dzenana1
    Dzenana1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.