Pip Interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Interview

Maddi1234
Maddi1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi i am new to the group. I recently had my pip interview which was a lot of questions regarding 2 of my illnesses. At the end of the interview the assessor said to me it takes around 6 to 8 weeks and if you are unhappy with the decision there is a appeal process. What i would like to ask is it normal for a assessor to say this to you after a interview as i am now reading into it that maybe i will be turned down. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello hello and seasons greetings to you, you can read into it what you like, but you must phone the DWP and request a copy of your acessment report, it takes about 14 days to arrive once requested, on receiving it you will be able to work out what your award may be by adding the points awarded at the end of the report. The decision maker mostly goes with the report but you still have to wait for the official award notification letter. But if the report is not what you think should be awarded then you have time to prepare for a MR focusing on how your illness, disability impacts on your daily living activities in relation to thePIP descriptors. Good luck,and keep posting and updating.
  • Maddi1234
    Maddi1234 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you so much for your advise Wilko i will request a copy in the coming days and i will keep updating into the group. Thank you again.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,919 Disability Gamechanger
    When you receive the report there will be boxes with dots/ticks, you need to compare those against the PIP descriptors to see what points are recommended. The report is just a recommendation but they mostly go with it. It will most likely be after Christmas that you'll receive the report now, as it's so close.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Maddi1234! I hope the above guidance is helpful, and please do let us know how you get on.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.