I'd like to work but can't find anything that will suit my disablities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'd like to work but can't find anything that will suit my disablities

Amethystia
Amethystia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited December 2018 in Work and employment
Hi,
The short of my illnesses is that I can unpredictably be unable to move, always have very low energy, am always in quite a lot of pain and also unpredictably with no warning can be too ill to even get out of bed for up to a week. I can't really think of any jobs that would actually suit this, I know I'd definitely need to be part time as I definitely could not handle full time. I was thinking admin but there are almost no admin jobs in my area. I've applied for all of the ones I can but no one has gotten back to me. Any advice? 

Comments

• Amethystia
    Amethystia Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm also pretty sure I'm not entitled to any benefits (except PIP which I'm awaiting tribunal for) as apparently my partner earns too much, yet we really can hardly afford to live in our tiny 1 bed flat? 
  • Samee1985
    Samee1985 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    If you have time- try volunteering. I actually found part time work volunteering for a charity and they trained me up to use new online services as well. I also grew in confidence whilst I was there. I’ve had to take a years break at the moment as my health has taken a nose dive. But I hope to return to work soon- even if it’s only voluntary. Good Luck! 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Amethystia, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear of your struggles finding the right job for you. If you haven't seen it already, it may be worth having a look at Scope's Support to Work programme.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Samee1985, and thanks for sharing your experiences with us!
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    It's awful what the government is doing to disabled people who aren't on esa or income support but on jsa and want to work i have had over 28 jobs due to my bpd but always lose them and they never put me on. Esa do I am stuck on jsa and they say how is the job hunting going what a joke even though they know about all my issues 

Brightness