Update on pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Update on pip assessment

Debsj62
Debsj62 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
After my pip assessment i was informed that i had scored no points whatever even though i have sjogrens syndrome and suffer severe anxiety and panic attacks.  When i met with the assesor i was shaking hanging onto my husband for support,  he kept reassuring me that i was doing well and giving me water,  it was the first assessment he had ever done and he was being assessed whilst i was there. 
The notice that i got said that i was fine at the interview relaxed and chatty,  unbelievable! 
I asked for a mandatory consideration and explained i had lots of new medication for sjorgens and i was waiting for a mental health assessment. 
I heard a week later that i had still not qualified still 0 points,  i rang today and explained that i had received my mental health report stating that i suffer from depression and acute anxiety and bad cognitive skills,  they have asked me to send copies which i have,  i feel so let down,  if this doesn't help i will go further has anyone else experienced anything sililar? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.