Poverty — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Poverty

paul50meaters
paul50meaters Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Still have had no news about my appeal, Atos manipulated l rated my mobility issues to state I can walk the new limit of 50 meters, totally untrue, , I'm left with nothing, ESA for me stopped years ago, once they got me off incapacity , and then as my partner workers 30 hrs so I couldn't get it, , my DLA was robbed from me by an  ATOS assessor and DWP , I have 3 older children, I have nothing , what do they want me to do , I can honestly say I'm disgusted by the government and its cronies being paid by them to cause misery and poverty, even worse the suicides, and the homeless, 

Comments

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you appealed PIP decision?
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paul50meaters, I'm so sorry to hear things are tough at the moment. The waiting time can be so difficult, for so many reasons, and I really hope things move forwards for you soon. 

I know it's by no means a solution, but Citizens Advice suggest the following if you're struggling whilst waiting for an outcome:
    Extra help you can get

You can:
    • ask a charity - the Turn2us website tells you about charities that might be able to help you
    • talk to an adviser at Citizens Advice to find out what other funds are available in your area
  • paul50meaters
    paul50meaters Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited December 2018
    I'm turning to crime, I can't live with nothing, that's the truth, thing is the biggest robbers and low life's are our government, shame the public can't see them for what they are, I have now moved out of my house where I had 3 children, I couldn't live with nothing, it was a miserable life , shame the government can't be charged with what they did to me and my family, we did nothing to deserve it, it's over for us, totally destroyed my marriage and family, I've posted this as people should know what they did
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paul50meaters, thank you for sharing this with us.

We cannot condone crime or any criminal action. Please do have a look at the links above when you can, and see whether there is any further support you're entitled to. You can also call our helpline for free at 0808 800 3333. 

I appreciate you sharing this with us, and I know other members will be able to empathise with what you've been through. Please do take care and keep moving forwards, and we'll advise where we can. 

Brightness