Will I be eligible for pip? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I be eligible for pip?

beck84
beck84 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Well, had an accident with my right ankle 4 years ago and this Summer it swelled up unexpectedly. So, after seeing GP, and an orthopedic surgeon, I am referred to Physio. I have torn my AFTL ligament, and my Tendon that comes below ankle bone has been popping out of its place, also my foot is got what is called subluxation (for the last 4 years) now I have been told I am awaiting appointment for an MRI scan and back at the clinic in Feb. I have been told I need to do Physio to strengthen the ankle, and it will help speed up the healing process. It is a possibility that I am going in for a big operation of reconstruction on my ankle I.e extraction of ligament from knee, making the groove deeper and sticking tendon in place to stop popping and key hole surgery, I'll be unavailable to drive, care for much for my two children oldest being now 13 has ASD and youngest 5. Will I be eligible for pip? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.