Help with Pip Reassessment knockdown — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with Pip Reassessment knockdown

Options
Carl_abc
Carl_abc Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Hi, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster, so apologies in advance for any mistakes and for long winded post - I'm ashamed to ask but I just need some help ?

I was given enhanced daily living PIP after assesment, from July 2015 for 4 years - on basis of Severe anxiety and depression with (at the time undiagnosed) Bipolar disorder.

They sent for my reassessment in September 2018 and filled in the forms to say nothing was better only some things were worse - e.g. Diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and now have chronic lower back pain and subsequent sciatica on left side.

Went for assessment 8 weeks later and received decision last week (14/12/18) to say I've been dropped down to standard daily living. Which I disagree with -
My condition has worsened so much so that I am now unable to go out without my partner due to overwhelming anxiety, attacks of panic and disstress, I was (eventually) recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Hypermobility syndrome, alongside Bipolar, Anxiety and Depression. 

I'm crippled most days and unable to get out of bed until morning painkillers kick in or walk very far, and even when I can I have to have someone with me otherwise I go into a frenzy of panic and aggression.

I've now got all documents the decision maker used to decide to drop me down, verbally requested MR with written to follow - and have written (but not sent off) my Mandatory Reconsideration notice (Using B&W Guides) alongside a letter from GP fully supporting my claim. 

My question is, does anyone have any advice that I can use in order to maximize my chances here? Or is there something else I should do? 

I'm doing all I can and struggle with most basic things and feel like DWP and Assessor think I'm lying about how bad things are. 

Thanks guys and girls ✌️

Comments

• Carl_abc
    Options
    For anyone who needs additional info -
             I was originally given 13 points for Daily living, even though it should have been alot more - but didn't challenge it.
              And 4 points for travelling in Mobility section.

Then this time I've been given 11 points even though my situation is worse than before and at least 2 of the descriptors should be full points. (Preparing meal + budgeting)
    They've given me 0 for Travelling even though I can't go out without my partner (which GP letter Supports) and 4 points for moving around ((50-200m) which is bang on correct)

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should concentrate on showing which descriptors apply and include 2 or 3 examples, for each, of what happens or happened when you attempt the activity
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Carl_abc
    Options
    Thank you - I will include this in my Mandatory Reconsideration notice bundle.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community, @Carl_abc!

I'm sorry you're having to go through this process, and I'm wishing you all the best for your MR. If you haven't seen it already, you may find Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions to be helpful. Please do keep us updated.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.