Would I qualify for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Would I qualify for PIP?

ailish
ailish Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been in 450mg  of pregablin daily for neuropathic pain And was wondering if ok qualify for PIP

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi ailish

No one on  an internet forum can answer.PIP is not awarded for yur condition, illness or diagnosis. It is about how you manage daily activities
    In the first instaance try the self test

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ailish, and a warm welcome to the community!

As CR says, PIP is not awarded based on your condition, illness or diagnosis., but on how you manage daily activities. However, this online self-test can give you an idea of your entitlement. Have a go, and do feel free to come back to us with any questions.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree. There are many people that have an extremely difficult life caused by debilitating and serious life threatening conditions and disabilities. But unless the impact on their lives actually match the descriptors within PIP they would not get an award.
    However there are also people who have non life threatening conditions and in general can live quite well but the impact of those conditions match exactly enough of the descriptors to give a PIP award.
    As you can see it is the impact that is only considered and not the condition. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.