Eesa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eesa

Lisa1985
Lisa1985 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
I just wanted to know what EEsa is 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lisa1985, you can find more information about ESA on this page, and hopefully our members will be able to advise further too. Do come back to us with any specific questions!

What is Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and who is eligible?

ESA is a benefit which you can receive if disability or ill health limits your ability to work. It's intended to provide you with financial support if you are unable to work.

To be eligible for ESA, you must be:
    • under state pension age
    • have an illness or condition that prevents or impairs your ability to work
    • receive Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) or Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA).
  • Lisa1985
    No it’s EESA 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    It's just a code they use to pay your money into the bank, it's just ESA and that's it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisa1985
    Well I’ve been on the gov sites and you are wrong poppy look yourself 
  • poppy123456
    Every 2 weeks i am paid my ESA and the letters next to my payment are EESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    It's absolutely nothing at all to worry about, it's just ESA.
  • Lisa1985
    edited December 2018
    It stands for Enhanced that’s wat the extra e stands for 

[post edited by moderator]
  • poppy123456
    Lisa1985 said:
    It stands for Enhanced that’s wat the extra e stands for so u don’t no everything do you so please don’t text me again ok ur a horrible person so do 1
    Post reported.....
  • poppy123456
    The additional 'E' is superfluous and does not mean anything. This was due to a misalignment of data during the final stages in the payment issuing process when payments of ESA by Automated Credit Transfer were introduced."

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Lisa1985 said:
    It stands for Enhanced that’s wat the extra e stands for so u don’t no everything do you so please don’t text me again ok ur a horrible person so do 1
    Lisa, you have had good advice from Poppy.

Please remember that this is a friendly forum with  many knowledgable members who give their time for free to help others to understand the complexity of the benefit system
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @Lisa1985 I have edited your post, please be aware of the community guidelines and consider your language and tone before posting.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.