How long? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long?

pllfan88
pllfan88 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Good evening everyone,

I was wondering when I should contact  PIP regarding a tribunal win from 20th November?

I called them a week after to make sure they were aware of the situation, I was told it will be looked at but they cant say when.

I don't want to keep on badgering them, but at the same time I am eager to know whats going on. 

So when would you guys suggest calling them?

Thank you

Comments

• Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    edited December 2018
    Tomorrow, otherwise it will bug you over Xmas.

Unless you can put it out of your mind for a week or so, then I'd wait until the new year.
  • pllfan88
    Tardis said:
    Tomorrow, otherwise it will bug you over Xmas.

Unless you can put it out of your mind for a week or so, then I'd wait until the new year.
    Thanks, I think I will call for an update.

I just hate being on the phone listening to that music  :s  :/ , I'm not expecting anything to be done before new year now but the not knowing is bugging me.

I just want to know if they are going to request a SOR or not!
  • pllfan88
    Just to say , I called today and spoke with a case manager. He said they have been working on it and they are not going to appeal or ask for a SOR, so that is a relief!

He asked the questions of bank details and any hospital stays, and said they just need to work out the back dated payment and it will be processed.

Glad I called, now I can relax and enjoy Christmas!

• patriciahendy
    patriciahendy Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
    Why was chancellor Philip Hammond not sacked for previously stating that high levels of disabled people in employment may have an impact on productivity?
  • Tardis
    Tardis Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    pllfan88 said:
    Just to say , I called today and spoke with a case manager. He said they have been working on it and they are not going to appeal or ask for a SOR, so that is a relief!

He asked the questions of bank details and any hospital stays, and said they just need to work out the back dated payment and it will be processed.

Glad I called, now I can relax and enjoy Christmas!

Yay!  Merry Christmas!
  • pllfan88
    Just a little update, we received the backdated payment this morning. Exactly 7 weeks since the tribunal hearing. Thank you all for your help  :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.