Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Anthony1987
Anthony1987 Community member Posts: 93 Listener
Hi just received letters from the tribunal with point's on but havn't had my tribunal and it doesn't say if it's  a sample or I've  been rewarded just wouonding if anyone knows anything about this 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Anthony

Did you ask for a paper based hearing ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Anthony1987
    Not what i know just send the forms of to the tribunal then just  received these letters today so don't know whats going on 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've only just requested the Tribunal then you wouldn't have had an award yet. Waiting times for hearings can be as long as 1 year in some areas.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Anthony1987
    Okay think the letter must be just a sample  as worked out thw points on it and it was on Google   with the same list of point's 
  • Anthony1987
    Just been looking at all thw letters  just wounding what this means this what they put on the letter mr hodgson said he didn't  want the decision maker to obtain the medical evidence used to support his award of dla never even said nothing about my dla to woman i saw 
  • poppy123456
    The best thing you can do is get to some help with the process and contact either welfare rights, or a law centre near you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Anthony1987
    Don't kmow why she said that'd like and it said on the 15th in june wen i didn't even go on the 15th 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Just been looking at all thw letters  just wounding what this means this what they put on the letter mr hodgson said he didn't  want the decision maker to obtain the medical evidence used to support his award of dla never even said nothing about my dla to woman i saw 
    Were you previously receiving DLA? And is this a conversion to PIP claim?

• Anthony1987
    Yeah was on low dla they actually been looking at it as it says on the froms wen i had it etc even got in touch with the hospital  all these paper work came from the tribunal for pip so can't be far of waiting on the date to aee them 
  • poppy123456
    If you've only just requested the Tribunal then you'll most likely be waiting several months or more for a hearing date. Backlogs are huge for most areas so don't expect a date anytime soon.
  • Anthony1987
    Bloody hell long wait that'd like  it also says i can get backdated pip from this October if i get it  but they is a bit wear it says the woman i saw to dismiss the tribunal  loads of paperwork she jas put what i said wen i saw her but still says i havn't got any  learning difficulties  even tho it says from birth that'd i have so that'd should get trunned over  with the report i sent in 
  • Yadnad
    Yeah was on low dla they actually been looking at it as it says on the froms wen i had it etc even got in touch with the hospital  all these paper work came from the tribunal for pip so can't be far of waiting on the date to aee them 
    Thanks. Then the question of the DLA file and evidence part is saying that you 'refused' the DWP to look at your old DLA file for any relevant evidence and past history 
  • poppy123456
    bit wear it says the woman i saw to dismiss the tribunal 
    It's perfectly normal for DWP to ask HMCTS to do this but it never happens. Your appeal will be accepted. Please get some help with the process and contact welfare rights or a law centre near you. It's impossible to give any advice to you because no one knows how your conditions affect you.
  • Anthony1987
    Okay thought u would have to pay at a law center with it been papwork sure they charger to see the paperwork 
  • poppy123456
    You do not have to pay them. Not sure why you thought that.
  • Anthony1987
    Oh just that'd someone said to me therw wear gonna get chager to see they papwork for like £150 but it was there 2nd time so might be why 
  • poppy123456
    Law centres don't charge at all. A solicitor will charge but a law centre is different. See what's available in your area from this link...put your post code in.

• Yadnad
    Law centres don't charge at all. A solicitor will charge but a law centre is different. See what's available in your area from this link...put your post code in.

A most interesting and informative map of Britain showing where the law centres are.
    So surprised to see that apart from one on the Isle of White, there are none to the south of the M25 and M4 corridors - the whole of the South of England from Cornwall to Kent is devoid of any. Likewise east of the A1 from the M25 to North Yorkshire apart from one in Ipswich is also devoid of this service.

They all seem to centre around London, Swindon, Gloucester, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool. I wonder why?

• Anthony1987
    We just been looking at thw letters more today and it  saying I'm  entitled to esa  from this Sept which i didn't know about even I'm on uc so don't get why rhe woman put I'm entitled to it 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.