Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Bedroom Tax. Question

ricky1040ricky1040 Member Posts: 99 Pioneering
hey all,  

Does your rate of pip have any bearing on exclusion from bedroom tax reduction. My CAB rep told me she thinks that enhanced daily living mean i am excluded. I cant find any info to back this. Any one know if this is correct? Before i call them and they make me feel silly. 



  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,977 Disability Gamechanger
    A PIP award doesn't exclude you from the bedroom tax unfortunately. A PIP award will exclude you from the benefit cap only. If you're renting from social housing and you have a spare bedroom then the bedroom tax will apply to you. You can apply for a discretionary housing payment (DHP) for this you'll need to speak to your local council and ask them to send you a form.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • ricky1040ricky1040 Member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Yea i get the dfc payment. But it ends at some point just thinking of the future and going on the advice i was given. Thanks for filling in the blanks poppy
Sign in or join us to comment.