The report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The report

Options
Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
edited December 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi have to say have had no problems at all so far only applied for my son in August and got his award today. I'm pretty happy with it except he scored no points for communication as he told the dog to get down as he jumped up. He has serve problems communicating with people. Apart from that most was of the report was accurate. Is it worth me arguing over this or should I just be happy he has an award until 2021 
Thanks you all for your help and I wish you all a merry Christmas ? 

Comments

• Gwendoline1
    Gwendoline1 Community member Posts: 215 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya Firefly123,
    Thats great news. Have a wonderful Christmas ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,251 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

What award did he have, as you haven't mentioned that? To answer your question then it will depend on the award received and whether or not scoring those extra points will make a difference to his current claim.

As no one on an internet forum knows how his conditions affect him then it's impossible to give a definite answer. It's also impossible to advise whether or not there's any risk to his current award if you requested the MR, as they do look at the whole award again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks merry Christmas @Gwendoline1

Hi @poppy123456 he got standard on both 2 points for preparing food. Managing treatment 1 washing 2 dressing 2 mixing with people 2 managing budget 2 so 11 but I'm his appointee partly due to his problems speaking with people he doesn't even own a phone as finds it to stressful. He got 10 for mobility can't undertake any journey because it would cause significant mental distress. Will see after Christmas I hope you and yours has a lovely day. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.