I may have been underpaid since 2014 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I may have been underpaid since 2014

Options
Nathanjames1
Nathanjames1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I' was on incapacity benefit then moved to esa joint claim with my wife I previously  worked before I got I'll in 2006 my wife revived carers for me but back in 2017 my disability benefits stoped now I revive cares for my wife as she gets pip I'm confused now as I had a letter explaining I mighty be owed money but for what I don't no  it just says I mighty of being underpaid benefits can you help me maybe make sence of what it maybe be or tell me what I should receive in befits  as I belive I've been under paid  the letter states it's from 2014 thanks

Comments

• AnkyieSpon
    AnkyieSpon Community member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Nathanjames1 welcome to the community. This is not a subject I am familiar with but I'm sure there are many on this forum that have been in a siimilar situation. May I suggest you post you question the catagory discussing benefits, I have attached the link below for you. You may also want to contact citizens advice who I've had experience with and are very helpful too. Good luck. 
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/what-benefits-am-i-entitled-to-
    Tina 
    (Ankyie Spon)
    I'm a Pain Warrior
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Nathanjames1,

Welcome to the community.
    Please have a look at our quick guide about our community and feel free to join any of our recent discussions  .
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome
    The DWP are currently re assessing people that transfered from IB to ESA as some might not have received an income related top up

The letter you have , is it an ESA3 ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As you were claiming a joint claim for ESA with your wife then it's possible that you may have been receiving the correct amount of money but without knowing all of your circumstances it's impossible to give a definite answer. You'll need to fill out the form and return it by the date stated on the letter then DWP will assess you. Decisions can take 12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.