Hi I'm Pat and I help my sister with her money - I have a question about and upcoming FAB interview — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm Pat and I help my sister with her money - I have a question about and upcoming FAB interview

PatCross
PatCross Community member Posts: 2 Listener
My sister is due to have a FAB interview on 3rd Jan.  Whilst she doesn't personally have any savings that would take her over the £23,250 threshold,she is the sole beneficiary of a trust fund that was set up by our late parents to administer her equal share of the inheritance.  She has no direct access to the fund and my brother and I have sole discretionary powers on how the money is used to support her.  The amount currently in the fund is greater than the £23,250 threshold - will this be taken account in her FAB interview?  Many thanks

Comments

• Deb_Alumni
    Deb_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 180 Pioneering
    Welcome to Scope's community! It's great to have you here.  Just to get you started we have a How To Guide here,  you can see all the latest posts here, jump in and get involved and don't worry we are a friendly bunch!  

I am sure that someone with finance/FAB knowledge will be able to advise or direct you to a service/support that will help you.

Debbie
    Online Community Manager
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PatCross

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today!!!!!!!!

I’m one off the “Community Champion’s”

Please please let me know how I can help/support you????
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @PatCross Pleased to met you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.  I am one of the team of community champions who give advice, inform. help new members.

In response to your question about savings and finance. I would consider speaking to CAB. They have a lot of knowledge, plus expertise.  On benefits and form filling in. Use them myself for benefits. Plus anything else.

Advice and information.  Sign post you to the relevant organisations and help, support. If needed.

Might be worth speaking to them. 

We are a friendly community. Care and share. Supportive.

Please ask if we can advise further or need to know anything. Some one will know in our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • PatCross
    PatCross Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Many thanks.  I'll give them a try too.  I'll post here when I get a response from them.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @PatCross

No Probs!!!!!

Please please let me know how you get on??

If you experience any further problems please come back to me???

We have got some “Benefit Advisors” 
    on our site/community.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.