Appealing appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing appeal

Lou1970
Lou1970 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi
Could you tell me if it is worth my while appealing my appeal decision. As I did have a motoability car up till last year when it was taken away from me. I’ve had the same medical problems for last 10 years. Till 3 years ago I wasn’t in full time employment and I go a motoability car. Now I’m working full time with my medical problems the car has been taken away. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    What do you mean appeal your appeal decision? Which stage are you at Mandatory Reconsideration or Tribunal?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou1970
    Had tribunal but feel  discriminated against now I’m working and what to know if it worth appealing the decision 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to request the statement of reasons and record of proceedings. If no error in law is found then you won't be able to take it any further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou1970
    They was asking stupid questions like how do you measure distance and what’s on my walk home any seats. No how does it make you feel when you walk. Which puts me in a lot of pain legs feel weak. Plus they didn’t even care that I’m getting strangers want to give me lift home as my walking is so bad. 
  • Lou1970
    No i dont ask strangers to give me a lift home I’m not that stupid to as value my life. I have to walk a mile or more in dark very little lighting up very steep hill as I’ve missed the last bus up hill by time I got of bus from different company that don’t go my way. Their is no seating just handle rail to help up very steep hill. Most nights I could just as easy sit on pavement by horse and not move as I hate the hill and pain it puts me in. Other people  appear and Vanish by time Ive turn corner they are nowhere to be seen they walk so fast. 
  • Lou1970
    No i dont ask strangers to give me a lift home I’m not that stupid to as value my life. I have to walk a mile or more in dark very little lighting up very steep hill as I’ve missed the bus up hill by time I got of bus from different company that don’t go my way. Their is no seating just handle rail to help up very steep hill. Most nights I could just as easy sit on pavement by horse and not move as I hate the hill and pain it puts me in. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.