PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip

stevejaystevejay Member Posts: 5 Listener
just rang pip and they said it’s gone to appeal as I was awarded the pip in court and won it but why is it at appeal I’ve not had any information / letters etc just pip telling me it’s 28 days which will be on 7/1/2019 can anyone help I’m confused

Replies

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,325 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, the reason your PIP case has gone to Appeal is even thou you won your case the DWP have 28 days to appeal which look like what has happened in your case. I hope it goes well you will just have to wait for the out come. 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    DWP have 28 days to request the statement of reasons, they do not have 28 days to appeal. They can only take it further if an error in law has been found in the statement of reasons. Asking for this doens't mean the error has been found. After a Tribunal win it can take 8 weeks to receive any backdated money owed. Nothing more you can do but wait.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.