PIP has been stopped for my daughter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP has been stopped for my daughter

Options
maisiemay
maisiemay Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My daughter has had M/e , anxiety, brainfog, rainodes syndrome for a number of years and has all the conditions that go with it all. Im her registered carer. After her last pip interview we recieved a letter on Christmas eve claiming so doesnt have any problems and stopped her money.
can anyone give me help and advise on what to do now please as she needs the money to buy the things she needs to help her. She is at university were she doesnt manage to attend all lectures etc, doesnt have social life as always tired and in pain , cant get a job as no spare energy etc. 
She walks with a stick and uses a mobility scooter on very bad days 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @maisiemay Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear about the claim for your daughters PIP was unsuccessful.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, inform, advise new members.  Who join.

You first need to appeal.  Have you need to request a mandatory reconsideration.

We have lots of information about appealing a DWP benefits decision on our website .  Which might be of interest to you.

I would also consider speaking to CAB for additional support dealing with this or talking to welfare support at your daughters University.

We are a friendly community. Supportive, care and share.

Please ask if we can advise on anything. Some one from our community or a member of our team will be in touch.

You are not alone. You are an important valued member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

She has 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. She should put this in writing stating what she disagrees with and where she thinks she should have scored those points and why. She should also put 2-3 examples of what happened the last time she attempted that activity for all descriptors that apply to her.

I'd advise speak to her local welfare rights or law centre for face to face advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • maisiemay
    maisiemay Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Many thanks for your help
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @maisiemay, and a warm welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your daughter's experiences, the PIP decision must have been tough on you both. You've had some great advice above, but do keep us updated and we'll advise where we can.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.