I need help about ESA3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I need help about ESA3

My husband has recieved an ESA3 form.
It state on the letter to be returned in 4 weeks of date recieved. But on the top of the form  return by 28 December 2018 which is hand written.It only arrived on 5 Dec 18.
He has read through the letter and he doesn't want to fill the form in. But the is only 3 reason on the form. We both agree that we are in the correct ESA benefit. Can my husband write this as his reason why he doesnt want to fill in the form.
Or has anyone got suggestions he can write as a reason.Any help at all.
 Thank you. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,366 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

This is all to do with those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. Savings/capitol, partner working, pensions are just 3 of the reasons the Income Related top up may not apply.

If you're 100% sure that the top up doesn't apply then put the reason, sign the form and return it. If he's not 100% sure then i'd advise to fill the form in and return it because you never know there maybe money owed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    If you look at the back of the letter that came with the form it shows you how to not make a claim. I think DWP would prefer it if nobody claimed so don't expect them to twist your arm about it?
  • Lol_Lollipop_21
    Lol_Lollipop_21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.