From DLA to PIP - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From DLA to PIP

2»

Comments

• SethLaa
    SethLaa Community member Posts: 111 Courageous
    Received a letter today from PIP (Belfast) informing me that they have all the info they need to make a decision and will write to me with a decision, does anybody know how long I may be waiting or is it simply a case of ''wait and see''. Thanks for any input from SethLaa
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales for decisions. Backlogs is just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. The letter you received is a standard letter they send everyone. Hopefully not too long.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SethLaa
    Thanks Poppy x
  • SethLaa
    Well I finally got the dreaded brown envelope this morning but was very anxious about opening it what with all the horror stories I read regarding the assessors and their final reports, 
    BUT woohoo, wow and OMG my High Rate Mobility is staying the same (Enhanced PIP Mobility) and my Middle Rate Care has been upgraded also (Enhanced PIP Care).
    A massive thank you to all at Scope and the posters for the assistance you have provided, you are all amazing.
    I must add that the HCP/assessor was very nice only requiring me to perform 2 tasks and did not belittle me in any way.
    My only question is that what exactly does an '''Ongoing Award''' actually mean?
    Many many thanks y'all from Seth

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    SethLaa said:
    Well I finally got the dreaded brown envelope this morning but was very anxious about opening it what with all the horror stories I read regarding the assessors and their final reports, 
    BUT woohoo, wow and OMG my High Rate Mobility is staying the same (Enhanced PIP Mobility) and my Middle Rate Care has been upgraded also (Enhanced PIP Care).
    A massive thank you to all at Scope and the posters for the assistance you have provided, you are all amazing.
    I must add that the HCP/assessor was very nice only requiring me to perform 2 tasks and did not belittle me in any way.
    My only question is that what exactly does an '''Ongoing Award''' actually mean?
    Many many thanks y'all from Seth

Great news! ongoing means 10 years, which is the longest award length before a review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • SethLaa
    Thanks for the good news Poppy X
  • keira
    keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    edited February 2019
    @SethLaa
    Really pleased for you x
  • SethLaa
    Many thanks Keira x
  • keira
    Your more than welcome. Out of curiosity did your award letter just say "ongoing award" or did it quote dates?
  • SethLaa
    No dates (typical valentines day for moi), just said ongoing award
  • keira
    Haha! Thanks for your reply. The reason I asked is because I was looking at a friends award letter from 2017 which also just said ongoing award with no dates quoted and was wondering why some letters quote a date 10 years in the future and others don't?
  • SethLaa
    Dunno but just found out that its for ten years,time to relax and chill
  • keira
    Thanks, take care x

• SethLaa

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.