Power of Attorney — Scope | Disability forum

Power of Attorney

Jazzguitar Member Posts: 180 Courageous
Does anyone  know how I can find out who has power of attorney for my mother who has Alzheimer's and is in a Care Home??  Neville [Personal information removed by moderator]


  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Member Posts: 6,390 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Jazzguitar How are you been a while.?

    In reply to your question I do not know.  I know there will be members of our community or a member of our team who will advise.

    Great to talk to you.

    Take care.

    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
  • clp
    clp Member Posts: 39 Connected
    Depends on when it was done and if it has been registered.  At that point letters should have been sent to anyone who had an interest in your Mum.  It may be that no one does, I would suggest contacting the office of public guardian as they are the responsible body.
  • Jazzguitar
    Jazzguitar Member Posts: 180 Courageous
    Thank you so much
  • clp
    clp Member Posts: 39 Connected
    No problem - been there.  Make sure you check for both health and financial as newer versions have them separately.  Once you know the health one make sure your mum's GP surgery has a copy or note of it too.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.