When will I get back payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will I get back payment

Callumfinn
Callumfinn Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My PIP got stopped november 2017 and we appealed it. I had my tribunal november 28th 2018 and won it. Haven't heard of anything since. When will I get a letter and information?

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    DWP can ask the Tribunal for statement of reasons and can appeal against the decision. I think you should of heard from the Pip by now.
    I would give them a ring to ask what is happening regarding your Tribunal win.
    Good luck
  • pllfan88
    pllfan88 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    My sons tribunal was the 20th November and we have not heard from the DWP either. I have rung them though, and they are working on my sons. I suggest calling them. 
  • Callumfinn
    pllfan88 said:
    My sons tribunal was the 20th November and we have not heard from the DWP either. I have rung them though, and they are working on my sons. I suggest calling them. 
    I tried calling. I asked and they just said they have a month to appeal the win. Okay. Then they just hung up. Who did you call?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    It's the DWP you ring. They have as much chance to appeal the decision as we do. To do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month to request this. Then they must find an error in law.

As you've been advised on your other threads it can take 8 weeks for DWP to pay you your backdated money. With Christmas and the New Year closing days as well it could take even longer than that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Callumfinn
    It's the DWP you ring. They have as much chance to appeal the decision as we do. To do this they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 1 month to request this. Then they must find an error in law.

As you've been advised on your other threads it can take 8 weeks for DWP to pay you your backdated money. With Christmas and the New Year closing days as well it could take even longer than that.
    I shouldn't be worried about them appealing now should I? It's been over a month
  • poppy123456
    They have 1 month to request the statement of reasons, it's not 1 month to appeal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Callumfinn
    They have 1 month to request the statement of reasons, it's not 1 month to appeal.
    Right, I'd be contacted if this happened though? I haven't been told much by them
  • poppy123456
    Ring DWP to ask if they've requested the statement of reasons. There's really nothing more you can do until you hear from them. Like i said Christmas and New Year closing days will add to the delay.
  • pllfan88
    pllfan88 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
    I called DWP, I spoke with someone who transferred me to there appeals team. The appeals team told me they are working on it and will not be requesting a statement of reasons. Maybe call them again tomorrow and ask to speak to someone who deals with appeals.

I know how frustrating it can be waiting, but with the holidays there isn't much we can do but wait. It's been over 6 weeks for us since the tribunal, I'm hoping it's not much longer. 

Keep us updated ?
  • Callumfinn
    edited January 2019
    pllfan88 said:
    I called DWP, I spoke with someone who transferred me to there appeals team. The appeals team told me they are working on it and will not be requesting a statement of reasons. Maybe call them again tomorrow and ask to speak to someone who deals with appeals.

I know how frustrating it can be waiting, but with the holidays there isn't much we can do but wait. It's been over 6 weeks for us since the tribunal, I'm hoping it's not much longer. 

Keep us updated ?
    Will do, would you mind dropping me a message when you get updated of any kind [number removed by moderator] It's kinda stressful waiting
  • poppy123456
    @Callumfinn please remove your personal information. This is an internet forum and personal information isn't allowed. I reported the post above just in case you don't see this.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Callumfinn, I've removed your mobile number from your post as we do not allow the sharing of personal information on the community. This is to keep the forum as safe and secure as possible. However, members can chat and keep each other updated here on the community if they wish to. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.