Reassesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reassesment

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
Good morning.
My esa support group is due to be ending in may 2019.
Can anyone tell me when roughly they contact you to let you know when im due to be reassesed.
Many thanks happy new year

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

ESA doesn't end, you'll continue to receive all your money until you're re-assessed and a decision is made. They can re-assess you at anytime, so it could be before that date and even after that date. The time they give is just a guide. Some people are re-assessed as early as 3 months, while others go quite a few years between re-assessments. You'll only know when the ESA50 form comes through your day.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    I guess so I only knew because I rang esa and they told me may 2019 the lady said youve been on it a long time now so they will defo contact you this year.  
  • poppy123456
    The time they tell you is just a guide, you can be re-assessed at anytime. When a decision letter is received for ESA there's no time scales on the decision because of this reason.

Start to gather some evidence now so you'll be ready when the form drops through your door because they very rarely contact anyone for evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
    I just found out my old letter from when i received the confirmation saying i was in the support group and it does actually state im in the support group till 2019. I didnt see that before.
    Ive also seen the letter from pip stating i will be reassesed 2020
  • poppy123456
    Your ESA will not end in May, it will continue until you're re-assessed and a decision is made.

PIP is different to ESA and for that they re-assess you 1 year before the award is due to end (unless you're awarded by a Tribunal)  but even for PIP they can still re-assess you at anytime.
  • ollieandduke
    No i understand esa wont end in may its states in the letter a reassesment is due in may 2019
  • poppy123456
    My last re-assessment was due in August 2017 but i wasn't sent the ESA50 form until August 2018. Like i said they can re-assess you at anytime. The dates they tell you really don't mean anything at all.
  • ollieandduke

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.