27 weeks and still not had a decision for Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

27 weeks and still not had a decision for Pip

nosleep33
nosleep33 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’ve never used a forum before so sorry haven’t got a clue how to do this  I just wondered how long it took for the Pip claim to be decided upon. 
I started my claim in July 2018 had a face to face home interview the first week of November 2018. A letter from Dwp on the 29 th Nov saying they had all the information. I’ve 
Never heard another thing. My Community Mental health nurse said I could ring but I’m very nervous around people I don’t know. I can’t sleep at night wondering why I haven’t heard anything. I had a lifetime award for DLA but never sent the forms back for the change to Pip there was a 5 month gap between the two. My Nurse left and I had no one to help me fill in the forms. My new nurse helped me in July. Does anyone think I should do something to find out what’s happening all this uncertainty is very distressing and I’m so low and depressed I don’t want to eat I just keep crying all the time. 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, your wait for your award is normal waiting time they must be very busy in your area. Have you requested a copy of your acessment report. It takes about 14 days to arrive once requested, on receiving it you can work out what your award may, shy be as the decision makers t DWP mostly go with the recommendations in the report. You should get your award notification letter by the end of January the latest, but if requesting your report then enquiry about your award at the same time.
  • nosleep33
    Thank you for your reply Wilko. I will try and summon up the courage to ring them if I haven’t heard by the end of January. If that’s a normal wait I will be patient thank you for you reply 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    @nosleep33 are you still getting your DLA payments atmo. If yes that's a good sign you haven't failed with PIP. I know it's hard all the waiting, but if you phone the PIP helpline if you can't get someone on your behalf but you will have to give your security deatails for them to speak to a third party.

I've been through this waiting game, it really is a headache indeed.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales for decisions and i'm unsure why you've been advised that a decision should be made by the end of January at the latest. Ring for a copy of the assessment report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nosleep33
    Hi I am going to ring since joining here and seeing all the posts I’m going to have to do it.
    The situation isn’t good though I feel how can the DWP say no timescales when it’s obvious from a home assessment that someone is in need of the money to pay for help with their disability. I’ve been assessed for the list for a ground floor place no stairs and a wet room as it’s a daily struggle here. I’ve no idea how long I will have to wait. I pay already for a PA and can’t afford anymore help on my own. I shall ring for the report and re post once I have it. The lady that came was an occupational therapist she was very kind suggesting lots of things to help me my own occupational therapist hadn’t. 
    Ive had a lot of adaptations to where I live but the steps and stairs toilet and bath are a real problem. 
    Thank you taking the time to reply. 
  • nosleep33
    Government_needs_reform thank you for replying . I stopped getting DLA earlier in the year as they said I didn’t return a form for PIP in time....as I didn’t have anyone to help me send the forms in. The payments stopped my Community Mental Health Nurse left and I had to wait for a long time for another it was she who asked for the new forms we filled them in with the help of a charity. Thank you for replying 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Having a home assessment is just the same as an assessment at one of their centres. There's no guarantee that you'll be awarded just because you had a home assessment.

Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. The time they tell you is just a guide. Some people wait a couple of weeks after their assessment, while others wait a couple of months for a decision. There's really no timescales.

If your claim is successful then it will be backdated to the date you rang to start your claim off. If you're not successful then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR.

When you receive the report, there will be boxes with dots/ticks somewhere in that report. Use the PIP descriptors online to add the points recommended because they're not added up in the report because they're just recommendations. Mostly they go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.