Reducing enhanced Rate mobility to standard rate - stopping payments to my Motability provider — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reducing enhanced Rate mobility to standard rate - stopping payments to my Motability provider

DCBM
DCBM Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. On here 1st time. Just had DWP 'Decision' letter from DWP after my 1st PIP Review following on from being moved on to PIP from DLA in 2016. In my 1st PIP assessment and F2F in 2016 my Enhanced rate for daily living needs was reduced to standard rate. I spent day's formulating a long letter for the 'Mandatory Reconsideration Notice' [MRN] challenging all the conclusion's from the F2F and DWP insisted on keeping it as it was - I was too exhausted and scared to go to Appeal even though I had been getting the Enhanced Rate under DLA for some 20 years. Have had year's of surgery, ICU, gall bladder removal, brain haemorrhage, and all sort's of treatment since Crohn's disease diagnoses in 1984.  Now, after sending me 6 PIP Assessment appointment letter's and insisting I have a further F2F only 3 weeks after the 1st F2F for this Review, they are doing the same and reducing the Enhanced Rate mobility to standard rate informing me they are stopping payments to my Motability provider and to expect a call from them. To top it all the gas man meter reader has just turned the gas off as he smelled gas, even though a couple of year's ago British Gas came to test it for the same reason and said there was nothing wrong with it!!! I only got this 'Decision' letteron the morning of my Son's 21st Birthday as well! A HAPPY 2019 TO YOU ALL :D

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DCBM, and a warm welcome to the community!

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about all you've had on your plate lately. I can only imagine how frustrating hearing that decision must have been. How are you doing, has there been any progress with anything?
  • DCBM
    Thanx Pippa, I appreciate that - I really do but no, nothing's really happening yet. Decision arriving on the 29th hasn't helped just in front of New Year. Eventually got a response regards my MP with a date to meet next week but the deadline for my response is Jan 16 and I know at some point I will need to get something sorted with DWP because the holiday's and the date on the letter of the 19, ten day's earlier than arrival means there won't be enough time to sort support out and my health limit's my energy levels anyway and I need more time. 
    You will be aware Pippa having to actually contact DWP is just added stress to that stress the PIP procedure creates already so am not looking forward to any of it, not enjoying any of it, stressed, always tired and just wish I could drop of the planet at the moment. 
    To cap it all the gas meter reader smelled a gas leak outside my home yesterday, there's a big hole outside and spent 24 hours without gas :# 
    THANK YOU :)
  • DCBM
    OH...by the way Pippa...sorry...had a brain haemorrhage 2012 so my front lobe is buggered...meant to say, saw all your badges - Impressive!!! :)
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi DCBM,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative decision from your claim. All you can do is follow the usual dispute process using the mandatory reconsideration and the appeal. Try and focus on the PiP descriptors and explain why you score the points that you should, explain how difficult it is for you to walk as far as you can, send in any medical letters if you have any and try and get some practical help from a local advice agency, CAB or Welfare Rights team.
    I wouldn't worry too much about your mandatory reconsideration being late (if it is) and the DWP generally accept late reasons. All the best,

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• DCBM
    THANKS Lee, your kindness in thought replying means a lot to me. Due to this decision letter arriving right across the NYear and the damage caused to my front lobe and short-term memory especially I didn't think to ask (not that I would have at all threatening to taking the car away after a DLA 'for Life Award' for years has really messed with my head and my confidence) do you Lee, or anyone know if the reduction from 'Enhanced' to 'standard' rate PIP means that comes in to play immediately the date arrives the DWP says they are no longer going to pay my Motability provider the 'Enhanced' rate regardless of requesting a 'Reconsideration' - does the MRN delay that  the returning of the car, until it's processed or not?
    THANK YOU.

Dane.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Your PIP payments will start 4 weeks after your DLA ends. There are options available for those that have had the mobility car for long periods of time. Motability will be in contact with you. This link will explain the transitional support package that maybe available to you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DCBM
    THANK YOU Poppy,
    The problem I have now is that with the decision arriving 10 day's after the letter's date, the weekend of the 29th, and the New Year break, I need more time as this has really affected my psychological ability to move forward - I feel frozen, stuck, and terrified to even approach the DWP over it.  
    I have spent thousands of hours in hospital's since 1984, 12 major ops, the works and my mindset has developed in to not wanting to not feeling like I can ask for help or attract any attention to myself al all - who the hell enjoy's their whole adult life being affected to such an extent of numerous last rites, 24 hour incontinence pads, short-bowel syndrome, epilepsy, subdural haematoma, tiredness all the time, limited mobility, downstairs toilet added, the works!
     My head's now thinking of timescale, should I get solicitor's help - my front lobe can't deal with all the information I need to consider, it can't absorb it or compartmentalise it like it once could. Do I go to solicitor's? How do I get that help in that timescale? I am scared frozen to contact anyone never mind approach a dwp that seems to me is ignoring all the medical letter's and evidence I have forwarded from Doctor's???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need a solicitor for this. There's advice agencies available free of charge, including people that can represent you for a Tribunal. See this link for what maybe available in your area.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DCBM

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.