PIP Appeal & After effects — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal & After effects

Options
elbest
elbest Community member Posts: 37 Connected
I have waited over a year for my tribunal/appeal and just been through over an hour of gruelling questions on the 15th of December. All I was thinking was if this is not a good outcome what sort of Christmas will it be, luckily I had some support at the hearing but it was still terribly nerve wracking and made me really ill afterwards. No-one realises what worry that it causes for such a long time it is criminal for people who are already struggling with ill health and disabilities. I didn’t get the decision till a week later & that week just before Christmas was so stressful  but luckily I got standard for both for 5years. I still can’t believe it after such an awful experience we shouldn’t have to do this it is degrading and soul destroying, the amount of evidence I had to get was unreal, some people would find it impossible and they are the ones being discriminated against. I just want to say Thankyou to Scope and all on here for support and guidance along the last year, knowing there were others who knew how it felt and who could offer advice was so helpful. If I can help anyone with advice or support I will be more than happy to help. Don’t give up the fight to get what is rightly yours .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well done :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • affii1993
    affii1993 Community member Posts: 103 Courageous
    Options
    @elbest congratulations and one week that is so long for a decision from the tribunal and the after effect is so bad too I am still recovering my whole body is pain and mirgaine is shooting and that’s good for 5 years just relax now and next f2f have recording and try to get an advisor and be prepared 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.