Why did this happen at my PIP appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why did this happen at my PIP appeal?

Options
samahira
samahira Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I suffer with fibromyalgia since 2001 and was diagnosed in 2013. I was awarded dla higher for both in 2014 for two years. In 2016 I applied for pip and was awarded higher mobility and standard daily for two years but they wanted to review last January and awarded both standard. My representative advised I should do mandatory request which came no change. My representative then advised to appeal because my health has not improved so they shouldn’t have took any points off. Recently I had the hearing and all the panel agreed they wanted more medical evidence from my GP and did not ask any questions. Can anyone tell me why this has happened. my representative was surprised and said he never came across this before. I am getting very tired of the process. Will appreciate any comments. 

Comments

• cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm sorry you have to struggle with getting the care you need in addition to struggling with illness.

I am not in the UK, so can't offer any advice. The UK health care system seems rather difficult. We don't have points - once you are on Medicare/Medicaid, your coverage is the same as everyone else's (unless you have enough money to buy supplementary insurance). I have not had to have a review. 

I hope your appeal works.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samahira

Good Morning & Welcome ?

I am very very sorry to hear about your current situation /Problems with the "DWP"

Here's some info below for you on "PIP" 

We have also got many members who are in similar situations with their "PIP" 

There is also an number of "Benefit Advisors" for us to call on. 

Please please let me know how you feel???? 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samahira, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and I'm sorry to hear that you've had to go through this experience. From what others have said here on the community, it seems fairly common for more evidence to be requested to understand your needs. Hopefully our members will be able to clarify this for you too.

I know it can be difficult when you're waiting and just want to get things sorted, but keep going and do keep us updated too. Wishing you all the best.
  • samahira
    samahira Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    Options
    Hi everyone 
    I would like to say thanks to everyone for support. I had my pip appeal hearing today. I was awarded higher for both by the panels. I am very happy it’s been a year almost. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.