ESA cancelled after change of address and now I have no income — Scope | Disability forum

ESA cancelled after change of address and now I have no income

cherub72 Member Posts: 11 Listener
Hi I was renting a bungalow but landlady wanted me out to move her family member in. I tried everywhere to get a bungalow but there wasn't any in my price range.  my partner asked me to move in with him as he is hardly at home anyway as he works abroad a lot.  I contacted ESA of my change of address and they cancelled my ESA because they said its income based and my partner works full time so he has to provide for me.  I have no other income apart from high rate care and medium mobility money.  ESA told me its my problem.  I have to even pay my family members to take me 4-5 times a week to hospital appointments because I cant drive.  Any advise will help because I cant claim anything because its all income based now and ive been on ESA for 5 years and due to medical problems unable to work



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.