PIP assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assesment

Options
Lizzie2016
Lizzie2016 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been waiting 10 weeks for an assesment appointment which they told  me i had to have they said i must have home assesment because of my condition i rang today and was told i will get an appointment when they have an asseor in my area of kent or i could go east london i have diagnosed agrophobia amongst other things feel i am now being penalised because of my condition 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Lizzie2016, glad to see you've had some responses to this on your other post!
  • cynthia57
    cynthia57 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Just to warn you my son had severe acrophobia and so this meant he hadn’t seen his doctor for 7 years they used this against him and said he had no medical information to back his claim when the whole basis of agoraphobia is that’ you cannot leave your home we appealed this but he still got 0 points so if you can do go and see your doctor or ask the doctor to do a home visit so he or she can diagnose you and ask the doctor to post you a letter with the diagnosis my son hadn’t been out side his home for over a year not even into his garden and they still denied his application despite other illnesses too which I won’t mention here but because he had never seen a doctor for this he was rejected 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    PIP is not about your illnesses, diagnosis or disability, it how you manage day to day activities in relationship to the PIP descriptors. You where asked these question when you applied for PIP and filled in the application form. If you can meet the PIP descriptors or some of them the acessor will award you points accordingly. If you have files of information and yet you can meet the descriptors regularly and repeatedly and safely then nonPIP award will be granted. When filling in your application form you must state give reasons why you are unable to do the activities described in the 
    PIP descriptors and be able to justify these at your face to face acessment. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.