General election ??? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

General election ???

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    I take it that as a benefit claiment you are ready to have a rant. I have to say since parliament was, is shown on TV it goes to show how rude arogant then MPs are not listrning to a fellow MP have their say without shouting them down. Dose not matter who's in power they have, should work together for the good of the country.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello Apollo to true my friend all they do drag us through the mill none of um no what they are doing a bunch of clowns we had the labour leader found out to be a plain liar we've got that Diane abbots woman who's on another planet we've got the the other lot stabbing each other in the back and they are all getting paid obscene amount s of money to ruin our country . We've got people committing suicide people selling there bodies so they can feed there kids . We've got people who have worked hard all there life until ill health being treated like lepers and forced into situations which leaves them at breaking point with nowhere to turn . 
  • [Deleted User]
  • clarkjohnson
    Could you elaborate on saying you worked with dangerous people I feel that statement needs explaining in the context of what we are discussing. Thank you 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Those of us who have paid in to the system all our lives Tax and NI either weekly or monthly would sooner be living a normal life without our ill health or disability’s. So as a poster said I am claiming what I am due? How much have you paid in over your working life? Think about it your income tax and your NI contribution total it up so much is towards your pension and the NHS and benefits claimants. Have you been in hospital had surgery, scans MRI scans at £500 plus a time stays in hospitals £100 a day plus can we put a figure on it, we don’t we have our care and go not knowing the actual cost if we where sent a bill for the treatment we have received and asked to pay 10% would that be to much to ask or could we afford it even at 1%. There is only so much money in the pot and like you a loyal tax and NI payer since a16 yrs old I used to wonder about all those claiming and never worked or have any intention of working. But as I have got older I realise that there is no work for some people the industry that was there is no longer viable and what work that is about is so low paid qualified people turn their noses up at it because, they didn’t go to university for four years or more to work for £8 per hour. 
  • clarkjohnson
    Well a lot of people didn't go to university and earn a lot more than 8 pound an hour so more fool them 
  • [Deleted User]
  • clarkjohnson
    Hello apollo oh I see fair duse mate ?
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    Anyone who seriously thinks Comrade Corbyn would wave a magic wand and end UC is either naive or ignorant. It is unfortunately here to stay all anyone can do is tinker with it.  People claim what the law says they are entitled to claim not what they are ''due''  The benefits and pensions system has always existed on the premise that your tax is to support the current budget which includes Benefits, Pensions,NHS et al. No one is building up a pot to draw on later.   Which ever shade of party is elected will by necessity have to keep on the same paths as others have layed down whatever  pinky promises they make today. 
  • clarkjohnson
    What you mean is they are all the same just twiddle the knobs a bit totally agree . I'm 63 not the brightest star in the sky by any means but I've never known our country in a mess such as now . Parliamentary chaos everyday no middle ground the gap between our so called rulers and the people is widespread. 
  • [Deleted User]
  • clarkjohnson
    Exactly people feeling alone and afraid at a time when they are goin thru hell in there inner selves. People should feel comfortable being honest about themselves and speaking the truth . But they arnt being listened to . 
  • Ripples
    @clarkjohnson Yes I mean they are all the same.I'll give you an example Tony Blair introduced the concept of welfare  to work in 1998 through the New Deal for the unemployed, by the time the coalition took charge they turned that into the work program. Both schemes were money for old rope for the ''providers'' and meant misery for many.
    @apollo14lmp I do not doubt that you worked hard, earned a decent living and paid your taxes.  Whichever government we have they are going to make people jump through hoops to get the benefits they can apply for. You can speak of a fairer Britain but the challenges are immense and not least being who will fund it and where will they get the funding from. More than a third of all revenue is spent on welfare payments (264 Billion in 2017 out of 769 Billion). When politicians of whichever spectrum make promises I quite frankly do not believe they will achieve their promises without borrowing or more taxation.
  • clarkjohnson
    I agree with you totally it's looking bleak for the youth of today don't you think . Do you think we should educate them about what's ahead for them or let them live there lives. 
  • Ripples
    edited January 2019
    @clarkjohnson I think the young will have to adapt. For example
    whereas my  father and his generation could rely on a state pension the youth of today will be made aware  that there will be  no guarantees for them  except poverty if they do not have their own pension schemes in place. The aims and aspirations of a hundred years ago will inevitably collide with the reality of an ever ageing population and how to support it.

• clarkjohnson
    Yes I certainly don't envy them I mean someone 20 haveing to plan ahead 50 years whilst liveing those years in between and what might occur . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.