Living with pain and appealing PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living with pain and appealing PIP

KLT
KLT Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm Going Through so much pain and cannot believe my PIP was disallowed after a mandatory reconsideration, This is a painful joke to me as I've had to go though so much, All my records don't seem to have reached my doctors practice and God sees the pain at night when I Lay Flat it affects my sleep and the whole process of waiting for these decisions is dawnting, I will appeal because I fit the criteria and need the extra help to ease my life along with all the other things I've done, it all doesn't seem Fair and I've never claimed PIP before in my life, I'm expecting to Win this appeal.as I've got an impaired lumbar spine and suffered a horrific injury with my weight and losing 4 pints of blood after being stabbed and hit with a metal bar 20 times around my head  I'm left a completely different person and have to live with the constant pain of every day life. That's reality  

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @KLT, and a warm welcome to the community!

Thank you for sharing this with us, and I'm truly sorry to hear about your pain.

Wishing you all the best with your appeal: you may be interested in Scope's guidance on appealing DWP decisions. If you have any questions, just let us know and we'll do our best to advise.

https://youtu.be/tIHjSpNNbQo
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    KLT said:
    I've got an impaired lumbar spine and suffered a horrific injury with my weight and losing 4 pints of blood after being stabbed and hit with a metal bar 20 times around my head  I'm left a completely different person and have to live with the constant pain of every day life. That's reality  
    Likewise. I too have a damaged spine which affects my walking Also PTSD and a damaged frontal lobe after being shot twice and a metal baseball bat split my skull at the back.

Those are just two of the many disabling problems I have.

I received 0 points three times in a row over the past 5 years.

I could never understand what the assessors saw that I can't?.
  • KLT
    KLT Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yadnad said:
    KLT said:
    I've got an impaired lumbar spine and suffered a horrific injury with my weight and losing 4 pints of blood after being stabbed and hit with a metal bar 20 times around my head  I'm left a completely different person and have to live with the constant pain of every day life. That's reality  
    Likewise. I too have a damaged spine which affects my walking Also PTSD and a damaged frontal lobe after being shot twice and a metal baseball bat split my skull at the back.

Those are just two of the many disabling problems I have.

I received 0 points three times in a row over the past 5 years.

I could never understand what the assessors saw that I can't?.
    They Seem To see what's on the outside, but stay True to yourself and God  no amount of money can take away pain and they know it but they also know that it helps and makes it easier for us , Like. I said stay true and what we go through made us who we are . I do music therapy and. Once I'm making my millions they would see I wouldn't need it then  sad really when no one pays me yet for music  Hopefully It all changes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.