How long for UC decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for UC decision?

Options
dennieveron
dennieveron Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
I went for my universal credit essesment 5 week ago I still not heard anything how long does it take for them to make a disision tia

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dennieveron

Good Evening & Welcome it's great to meet you today ?

Here's some info on "Benefit's" below.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-claim-universal-credit

Please please have a good look around this info and please let me know if you need any further help???? 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    dennieveron,

It depends what assessment you are talking about here. If you are talking about your initial claimant commitments interview with UC then I would expect you to have had your first payment by now - so I'd ring up UC to ask them.

If you are talking about the work capability assessment which you have had as part of your UC claim, it may take a bit longer, but I'd expect a decision soon. You should get a letter in your journal if you have an online claim. I'd suggest you ring them about this if you don't hear after another week or so.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If it was a work capability assessment then you can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what that decision is likely to be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.