New legislation Re:planning and following journeys — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New legislation Re:planning and following journeys

Options
sotired60
sotired60 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi can anyone throw light on the new legislation re planning and following journeys . I was awarded 4 points for 
1b. Needs prompting to undertake any journey to award overwhelming psychological distress to the claimant.
These points were removed at MR . I have just spoken to DWP who say there has been a change in legislation dated 26 June 2018 . ? 
I dint go anywhere alone due to extreme pain . My assessment was in May but the MR was in October
Thanks

Comments

• sotired60
    Options
    Sorry should read panic *
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

DWP are currently going through all claims and if you're one of them they'll contact you sometime in the future when a decision's been made.

If the MR decision was this October, did you request the Tribunal? If not was there any reasons you didn't do this? Most MR decisions remain the same and most people have to take it to Tribunal.

See this link for more information on the changes.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sotired60
    Options
    Hi 
    yes I have requested tribunal sent in all paperwork and had acknowledgement from them. DWP contacted me today to offer me 10 points for mobility only on distance walked. But no points for planning and following journeys. That is when she quoted the new legislation .dated June 2018
    thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You don't have to accept the offer, you can continue with the Tribunal. You really do need face to face advice regarding this because it's impossible to advise on an internet forum because no one knows how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sotired60
    Options
    I realise that. I just wondered if anyone had any info on the so called new legislation from June 2018 regarding planning and following journeys. Your link refers to March 2017.
    thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Please re-read the link it's regarding the new changes that took place last year. All they've done is removed the "pyscological distress from 2 of the descriptors in following and planning a journey.
  • poppy123456
    Options
  • sotired60
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. I’ll have another read now. Struggling today to concentrate 
  • sotired60
    Options
    Thanks could you explain how this affects claiming under psychological stress

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.