Confused shy esa claiment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused shy esa claiment

dandan4ever
dandan4ever Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I read in the paper about underpaid esa benefits iv been claiming since 2014 I still have to give sick notes in and iv never attended no medical in one way it's a relief because I don't like facing people but I only receive the standard rate 73 a fortnight where now in 2019 I'm not strong enough to question my claim but has thus happened to anyone else and what do you do as I'm in no group thanks 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi.

Have you been notified about your esa ????

Please please let us know if there is anything else I can help you with????? 

@steve51
  • dandan4ever
    Hi @steve51 iv not been notified about anything I didn't know whether I could question my claim but looking at forums a lot of people have been placed in groups yet I'm still in stage 1 so it seems any help will be appreciated 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dandan4ever, and a warm welcome to the community! Hopefully some of our members will be able to advise.
  • steve51
    Hi @dandan4ever

I have found you some info about "esa"

There are 3 Types of Esa.

1. New Style.
    2. Contribation - Based.
    3. Income Based.

I can sort out more details out for you on all 3 Types if required?????

@steve51
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I read in the paper about underpaid esa benefits iv been claiming since 2014 I still have to give sick notes in and iv never attended no medical in one way it's a relief because I don't like facing people but I only receive the standard rate 73 a fortnight where now in 2019 I'm not strong enough to question my claim but has thus happened to anyone else and what do you do as I'm in no group thanks 
    Hi,

The ESA underpayments are for those that transferred from Incapacity benefit to ESA. As you're on assessment rate and still sending in sick notes then you're not one of those, i'm afraid.

Having said that 5 years is an extremely long time to still be on assessment rate. You really do need to ring DWP to ask them what's going on and tell them that you've never been assessed and that you're still on assessment rate. It maybe a scary process but this is your only option. DWP are open until 6pm.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • steve51
    Hi @dandan4ever

We have got a "Benefit Calculator" on our site this might be helpful for you??? 

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/check

Please please let me  know how you feel???? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    A benefits calculator will not help in this situation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dandan4ever
    Thanks for your advice guys I guess I'm just going to have to speak to them as a bit of support would be nice too thank you xxxx
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    @dandan4ever Did you fill in an ESA 50 form in at some point?  Five years waiting for an assessment is not normal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.