Notifications — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notifications

Options
Stegski
Stegski Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi, I'm new here. I'm currently in receipt of ESA & DLA could someone please tell me when your are removed from DLA do they notify you that they are no longer paying you?
Many thanks.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Stegski and welcome
    Before your DLA comes to an end, the DWP should send you a letter asking if your want to claim PIP.
    Do you know when your DLA is due to end ?

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Stegski
    Options
     I have no idea and haven't had a letter about claiming for PIP's. Someone told me they it's a post code lottery and I'm in Westminster. Thanks for your quick reply Cockney Rebel.

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Stegski said:
     I have no idea and haven't had a letter about claiming for PIP's. Someone told me they it's a post code lottery and I'm in Westminster. Thanks for your quick reply Cockney Rebel.

Wow are they still doing this transfer? I moved over to PIP from DLA back in late 2013 - over 5 years ago. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's still a lot of people waiting to be invited to start the transfer from DLA. If you weren't 65 on 8th April 2013 then you'll be one of them sometime in the future. Providing you apply for PIP and return the form by the required date your DLA will continue until a decision's been made on the PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stegski
    Options
    Well I'm must now be one of the few. Anytime soon I guess......... :#

• Stegski
    Options
    Thanks poppy123456 very helpful. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It would be a good idea to use the time you have before your "invite " to famliarise yourself with the PIP points system, descriptors and criteria for an award. There is no automatic transfer from DLA to PIP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can start to gather some evidence to support your claim. Don't rely on them contacting anyone for anything because this rarely happens. The onus is on you to prove you qualify.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stegski
    Options
    Thank you for answering my questions I feel the sword of damocles hanging over me, making me a nervous wreck  :(

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.