PIP Review Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review Form

Options
sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
ive just had a lady from DWP to help me complete my PIP renewal form. She copied out the form that I had completed and thought was wrong saying it was okay but added some bits. She could have omitted some bits too. She looked through my medical evidence and picked out what she thought would be best to send. She was a really nice lady. However, my problem is that I signed the form and she took it away before I read it and had time to copy it. My fault I know. Should I be worried cos I am as I don’t know exactly what the form contains. There’s things I’ve forgotten to tell her too 

Comments

• Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    sheZZa said:
    ive just had a lady from DWP to help me complete my PIP renewal form. She copied out the form that I had completed and thought was wrong saying it was okay but added some bits. She could have omitted some bits too. She looked through my medical evidence and picked out what she thought would be best to send. She was a really nice lady. However, my problem is that I signed the form and she took it away before I read it and had time to copy it. My fault I know. Should I be worried cos I am as I don’t know exactly what the form contains. There’s things I’ve forgotten to tell her too 
    So you signed a claim form without reading what was written on it and was not given a copy of that form?
    First things first I would be asking the DWP to send you a copy of that claim form. Then once you have it and find that there is more that should have been included on it send a letter back to the DWP asking that the letter be attached to the claim form.

Don't do what I did and ignore the situation as from bitter experience my wife had an Attendance Allowance claim form completed by an agency that came to the house. No copy was given to her and the evidence that she handed over were the original documents.

The first time both of us saw what had been put on the form and what evidence had been handed over was just before the appeal hearing. The Judge was clearly unimpressed with the form and it's contents and asked who had completed it. The agent who had completed it was sat next to me and knowing why the Judge was asking that question (the form was poorly completed with many sections being left blank and to my untrained eye it was clear that it was a shambles), I said it was me so as to avoid the agency being heavily criticised. In the written judgement the judge criticised me instead!   

• sheZZa
    Options
    She copied a lot from my form which I thought was wrong and said the form if completed was okay. I gave her copies of medical letters and she said that she would copy them and send them back to me as I couldn’t find the original. I have no contact details for her.
    She seemed very nice but I’d she trying to lure me into a false sense of security. I’m really worried.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Options
    There is little that you can do now. If you have further evidence that is relevant you should send copies to the DWP with your name and NiN on each sheet.
    PIP is about how your conditions affects your functionality, rather than your condition or diagnosis
    Most people will have a f2f as part of the assessment process. Make sure that you understand the points system, descriptors and criteria for an award, before you you meet the assessor
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sheZZa
    Options
    Thank you. I will take your advice. It’s going to be a long wait ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.