Accepted a PIP deal but worried this affects my tax credits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Accepted a PIP deal but worried this affects my tax credits

Loucarron
Loucarron Community member Posts: 5 Connected
Have just been contacted by DWP over the phone , whilst waiting for my appeal , for my daughter pip appeal, and told they can only pay me enhanced rate pip only , no living component, which I foolish,y accepted, now ime thinking we won’t be entitled to disability element if tax credits, is this true.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Loucarron

Welcome it is great to meet you today ? ? ? ? ? 

We have got a "Benefit Calculator" here on our community.

This will give you a idea on what benefits are available!! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The disabled element of child tax credits is payable with any rate of PIP, you will receive the lower rate. See link and scroll down to number 4.

You won't be able to claim carers allowance because for this your child needs a daily living award.

You can also still continue with the Tribunal, remember 71% of those that appear in person have a decision in their favour.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Loucarron
    Loucarron Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Thanks so much, I hoped ide get some disability element, but how do you continue with appeal.
    if I accept, do I have to contact HMRC TAX CREDITS.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe you just carry on with the appeal but i'd advise getting some face to face advice because no one here can tell you if there's any risk to her current award.

Once you have the decision letter you need to ring HMRC. You don't need to send them anything because they do their checks automatically with DWP. A claim can take 8-12 weeks but it's back dated to the start of the PIP award, providing you claim within 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.