Passed pip now esa 50 has arrived — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Passed pip now esa 50 has arrived

Options
ghost
ghost Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi can anyone help My husband has been awarded pip the higher level now the esa has sent esa 50 assessment form to up date my details ?do I have return it ? As I’ve seen cases on here where they have cut pip as we can manage on the pip payment as I work 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ghostship

Good Afternoon it's great to meet you today ? ? ?

Here's some info on "Esa" below. 

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/fill-in-form/

Yes you will need to fill it in. 

Please please let me know if you need any help doing this???

Both "PIP & Esa" are different Benefit's. 

So one won't effect the other one!!!!! 

Please please don't worry about your "PIP"

@steve51
  • ghost
    Options
    Thanks but What would happen if I don’t fill the form in can we keep pip as I say we can manage does anybody know please 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes it says on the forms that you have 28 day's to fill it in & send it back.

There is a list of the questions on the forms that I found on the Internet for you. 

I can go through these with you if that would help???

Please please don't worry as I can help you if required???

@steve51
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ghost said:
    Thanks but What would happen if I don’t fill the form in can we keep pip as I say we can manage does anybody know please 
    If you do not return ESA50 then any ESA benefit that you receive will be stopped. Your PIP will continue until your next PIP review. Be aware that most PIP awards are reviewed a year before the end date and the decision made at the reveiw will supercede your current award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • ghost
    Options
    Thanks for that guys think not bothering as the little we get is not worth the stress and hassle or persicution from what I’ve read there’s no Constance agenda how is one department can say one thing and the other make a different decision why don’t they use each other’s medical staff how much this must cost them is beyond me what’s happened to common sence 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The reason assessments are needed for both is because they have different criteria. People work and claim PIP. ESA is for those with a limited capability for work.

Also be aware that your NI credits towards your pension are being paid while you're claiming the ESA. If you cancel your claim then you may have problems in the future with your pension. Certainly worth thinking about for this reason too.

Good luck what ever you decide.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Oakwellreject
    Oakwellreject Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    As said I would still claim as your NI Credits are needed for future pension.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.