Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip

Stunninglady27
Stunninglady27 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
eell after a long wait I was awarded enhanced rate daily living and mobility for pip anybody know if am entitled to anything else and can my mother claim Carers Allowance for me she is 79 only gets a pension and work
pension no benefits and is very fit .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. Your mum won't be able to claim Carers allowance and be paid that amount because those claiming pension can't be paid but get an underlying entitlement to it. https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/other-pension-age-benefits

As for anything else you can claim then it will depend on your circumstances. Do you claim any other benefits? Do you live alone or classed as living alone?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stunninglady27
     An my son of 17 claim Carers Allowance for me he lives with me does not get. Any benefits or claim anything , I am presently on half pay from work I’ve applied for universal ceredit in October but due to wages and stat sick pay since Oct I’ve recieved no universal credit payments my stat sick pay of £92 stops on the 10th January I pay full rent and council tax off of my 25 hours pay of £120 my rent is £78 a week and my council tax is £25 just wondering if I could get help with any of these 
  • Stunninglady27
    Sorry my 15 hours pay I get 
  • poppy123456
    Do you mean can your son claim Carers Allowance for you? If so, is he a student? Students can't claim carers allowance. Also for someone to claim carers allowance they must not earn more than £120 per week.

Universal credit should pay your housing element, if you privately rent then you'll need to take your tenancy agreement into your local job centre. As you're claiming SSP at the moment then this and any other earnings you receive during the assessment period will be deducted from any UC you claim. Once the SSP stops you'll be entitled to £317.82 per month, plus a housing element.

To claim limited capability for work under UC you'll need to take in a sick note from your GP. You'll eventually be referred for a work capability assessment and a form will be sent to you to fill in an return. Evidence will be needed to support your claim and most likely a face to face assessment will be needed, as most people have them. If the decision is limited capability for work related activity then you'll receive an extra £328 per month, from the 4th month of your claim from when you handed in your first sick note.

To claim Council tax reduction then you'll need to fill out a form from your local council as this isn't part of UC.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    A benefits calculator may help you, if you put all of your details into it. It will tell you how much UC you could get.

• Stunninglady27
    I’ve been for an assesment for work Capability Assessment on December 22 no decision made yet I am with local council and yes my son of 17 lives with me was wondering if he can claim carers he’s not a student gets no money I’m keeping him with the little cash I have 
  • Stunninglady27
    As I pay full rent I was wondering now I get the enhanced payments for pip will I get any help with my rent 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    As your son isn't a student, if he looks after you for at least 35 hours per week then he'll be able to claim CA for looking after you, it's £64.30 per week.

For your rent as i said if you rent your home from a private landlord then you need to take your tenancy agreement into your local job centre. If you rent from social housing then you won't need to do this. The reason why you haven't recieved any money from UC yet is because of your SSP and other pay from work will be deducted £1 for £1 from your UC.
  • Stunninglady27
    Thanks I was just trying to see if I could any more help from anything else I always worked up until June last year never claimed benefits before . After paying rent and council tax doesn’t leave me much bit not got enhanced rate pip that will help 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    UC has replaced all the old means tested benefits and all your money will be as 1 monthly payment. A PIP award doesn't automatically qualify you for the extra LCWRA money for UC.

Do you rent your home from social housing or private landlord?

For council tax reduction you need to contact your local council.
  • Stunninglady27
    Local council I rent from I’m awaiting Assesment results for work capability’s x
  • poppy123456
    Then you don't need a tenancy agreement. As i said your wages and SSP will be deducted from any UC you're entitled to.

For the work capability assessment you can either put a note on your journal or ring UC and ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report.

If the decision is LCWRA then you'll receive an extra £328 per month. Any other decision and you won't recieve an extra money in your UC. Good luck.
  • Stunninglady27
  • poppy123456
    No problem.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.