Confused about PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about PIP

Patch1971
Patch1971 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I called pip today I asked if a desision had been made on pip review he said its in the final weeks of a dession being made I then asked if I would be receiving my next payment he looked it and said no they is no payment being issued your  payment has stopped I asked why if a final desision has not been made he just said I don't know your just have to wait for the letter which your receive in 1 to two weeks I'm very confused about this anyone have any idea wots going on thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Patch1971 welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear what has happened, I am unsure however members of our community may know and will be in contact with you soon. Please try not to worry :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It seems like a decision has recently been made, if so then it can take 24 hours for the computers to be updated and they can't actually see the decision until this happens. The payment issue is a little odd though because if you have been refused then PIP is paid for a further 4 weeks because it's paid in arrears.

My advice is to wait until tomorrow morning and then ring them again and ask if a decision's been made. Chances are it will have been and they will be able to see it then and tell you what it is.

If you're not happy then it's MR then Tribunal if that fails. Request a copy of the assessment report, if you haven't already got it. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    I agree that with the current award not now in payment (you will still get the 4 weeks that they owe you) the decision itself may not be on the computer for a few days until after the instructions to close it down have been issued. Getting a copy of that decision letter could well take a week or two to get to you.
  • Patch1971
    Just called pip been told I have failed a letter was sent out and is on its way said I failed to score any points but don't know how becase I've been on pip for years the woman who interviewed me was trying to put words in my mouth was not listening to what I was saying kept asking qwestion wish were nothing to do with my illness when I showed her a letter wish had my medical problems on she dismissed it I just have to wait for the letter then appeal

• Patch1971
    How do i get a copy of my pip report dose anyone know please thanks
  • poppy123456
    HI,

You need to ring DWP to ask for a copy to be sent to you. Your next step is to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have score those points and why. Putting 2-3 examples for each descriptor that applies to you. Send any extra relevant evidence you have with the letter of request.

As it was a review your PIP payments will not stop 4 weeks after the decision was made, which could affect any other benefits you claim.

Only 18% of MR decisions change so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal. Waiting times for this are huge and a lot of areas have backlogs of a year. Add this to the waiting time for the MR and it'a a very long process.

Speak to your local advice centre for help and advice. If you can get a representative to help you then even better. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Patch1971
    It what way would it affect my other benefits I get esa I'm really worried now don't think I can cope whith this it's making me panic 
  • poppy123456
    If you're claiming the severe disability premium or if someone claims carers allowance for looking after you then these will stop.

Which group are you in for ESA?
  • Patch1971
    I'm really scared don't want to end up homeless becase all I have in life is my dog and cats and if I had to get rid of them I would end it I have no family or any other help 
  • poppy123456
    Your ESA won't stop completely but if you were claiming the SDP (£64.30) on top of your ESA then this will stop. You didn't answer my question, which group are you in for ESA?

As regards to the PIP MR request then please get face to face advice as previously advised.
  • Patch1971
    I get middle rate esa and mobility would this stop
  • poppy123456
    Middle rate ESA doesn't exist. It's WRAG or Support Group.

As the decision on your PIP has been made and you've been refused your PIP will stop in approximately 4 weeks after the decision. You'll receive a letter in the post tell you when it will stop.
  • Patch1971
    I'm on surport group for esa
  • Patch1971
    I was told my last payment will be on the 15 of this month 
  • Patch1971
    I have asked for a copy of my assessment 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.