Assessor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessor

Charlie35
Charlie35 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
The assessor hasnt sent a points letter rang dwp says some dont

on daily living for example

says  ‘A’ can dress self etc    But goes on to say i sais need prompting off daughter as i do

what points does anybody think i would get because i most questions i have said i need prompting but she chooses ‘A’ can do it 

will the decision maker go with my view or hers?? She has also said review in 1 year as i have issues and appointments goin on as shes not sure which way its goin to effect me

Do u think going to get pip?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,911 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2019
    Hi,

You need to look at the boxes with dots next to them. As you said in part of the report it says "A" can dress self then there must be boxes with those dots. The A box doesn't score any points for any descriptor. Points aren't added in the report because they're just recommendations. If any points are scored you'll know when you receive the decision letter. No one can tell you if you'll be successful or not.

Mostly the decision maker goes with the report but you still need to wait for the decision. Hopefully it won't be too long and if you're not happy then it's the Mandatory Reconsideration first then Tribunal, if that fails. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Charlie35
  • Charlie35
    This all i got on every section no sheet of paper with dots or ticks every section she says ‘A’ then quotes me for sayin needs promptin then recommends review in 1 year at the end God knows wht gonna happen
  • poppy123456
    Box A doesn't score any points. There's 9 other descriptors for daily living and 2 for mobility. If it says A for all the descriptors then there's no award recommended because you haven't been recommended any points be scored. Mostly they go with the report, it's rare to go against it.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Charlie35
  • Charlie35
    This is at the end of report what do you make of it plz
  • Charlie35
    Hi can u let me know wht u reckon plz this is doing my head in lol thank you
  • poppy123456
    Hi,

The review in one year that you see there doesn't mean anything. As i previously advised in another thread of yours, they do this even when no award is recommended.

If the recommendations have stated A for all the descriptors then this means no award is recommended. Even though you still have to wait for a decision you can start to write the MR request letter if you're going to start the appeal process. Once you have the decision post back here and someone will advise you with the next step.
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    In that last letter the assessor is saying that whilst you do have some limitations but not enough for you to qualify for an award now. However they do accept that things may change over the next 12 months so a new claim then (in 12 months time) could well be awarded PIP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.