E.S..A/UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

E.S..A/UC

robinhood8
robinhood8 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
Hello everyone can anybody make makes sense of universal credit and esa because when I phone universal credit about ESA  they say it's nothing to do with universal credit then I finally get through to ESA they send back universal credit I'm getting so stressed no I have a headache please can anybody help me thank you Jacqueline

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Robin,

You're claiming UC not ESA. If you want to talk to them about your claim then either ring DWP UC or put a note on your journal. It's nothing to do with ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • robinhood8
    Thank again please could give me right No  and yes I have left a few notes on my janurnal
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    0800 328 5644 
  • MatthewD1985
    MatthewD1985 Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    edited January 2019
    You are probably living in a Universal credit area which means any new claims must be for universal credit -  even slight changes in work hours or any other change like changing address or worsening condition that you need to tell HMRC or the DWP about will cause you to need to make a new claim which again must be universal credit not ESA/TAX CREDITS/HOUSING AND C/TAX BENEFIT. If you live in an area that has had UC rolled out then unless the gov reverses UC you won't be able to claim ESA again. Depending on your NI contributions in recent years you may get 'new style ESA' - ALL PART OF SIMPLIFYING THE SYSTEM :D 
  • robinhood8
    Thank you poppy and Matthew for your support I finally got it sorted out ?? answer those people who are struggling and fightings please don't give up carry on until you get what you deserve
  • poppy123456
    @MatthewD1985 Robin is already claiming UC. Glad you finally got it sorted Robin.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.