Sdp — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp

49maxwell50
49maxwell50 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
 Hi everyone . Would like to ask a question if anyone could help . Im on p I p standard rate care and mobility . . My son was living with me up untill august this year . Im on housing benefit and get council tax reduction aswell . I have received paperwork saying I get sdphavent as I live alone and no one gets carers allowance for me havent received or filled paperwork in to get this . I have been told I should get this with my housing benefit and also it says this online aswell . Went to dwp and spoke to hb officer today and she didnt have a clue and couldnt answer my question and sent me to the jobcenter . They said I should be getting it but when I asked how do I apply for it they couldnt answer that either . Itsim on my paperwork as I am getting it buim not . Could anyone help me pls . Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The SDP is paid on top of your ESA, if you're claiming Income related, or Contributions based with an income related top up. It's £64.30 extra per week and can be back dated to the date your son moved out, if the other criteria applied at that time. To claim this you need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form for SDP, if they won't do this over the phone (even though they should) then ask them to send you the form. It's a very simple form, that just asks a few basic questions. A claim can take approximately 4-5 weeks.

For your housing benefit, you can't claim anymore than you're entitled to for your circumstances. If you live alone then you'll be entitled to the 1 bedroom rate which will be the maximum you can claim. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 49maxwell50
    Hi many thanks for your reply . Im not on esa only pip. . Online is says that if you live alone and claim housing benefit then your entitled to it being added to your housing benefit . It says on my paperwork that im already receivingi it but im not . Nobody could answer my question today and the jobcenter advised the cab . What  an afternoon :-)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure what you mean, sorry. There's no SDP payment with housing benefit. If you live alone then you'll receive the 1 bedroom rate, you can't receive anymore than you're circumstances allow. You can apply for a discretionary housing payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • 49maxwell50
    Ok thankyou for helping .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.