Have not hear back since winning my tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have not hear back since winning my tribunal

awilson171
awilson171 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited January 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Won tribunal on 18 December but have not heard anything, should i have by now.  Tribunal did not say anything about what would happen next.  DWP were not very helpful, they just about confirmed that they had recieved the decision but it was over a week after hearing if not 10 days.  Starting to worry, should they not tell me one way or another if paying me or appealing first tier decision.  Cannot get hold of welfare rights person who came with me

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @awilson171 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing. Sorry what has happened.  

I am one of the team of community champions on the forum.  We guide, advise and help new members who join.

Please I know this is stressful for you. I am sure some one from our team or a member of our community be able to help with your enquiry.

Have you considered speaking to CAB . If you ca not get hold of the welfare rights personnel.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Great news. It can take 8 weeks to receive any backdated money owed after a Tribunal win. This would have been increased with the closing days for Christmas and new year and the backlogs are most likely longer now.

DWP would have had 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • awilson171
    Thanks for the reply, good to be on here, I,m autistic by the way and thats why i went to tribunal after PIP application, just for the record.  So i should just be patient as its been too early for action..  Its my way you see i like to know whats happening but in a different way to non autistic people
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem. Yes, you just need to wait. It's not a problem i understand autism because my daughter has it. Hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • awilson171
    Hello a person from pip office in Newcastle rang today Saturday at 11.30 to tell me my pip money going in within 7 days. I was asked to confirm last 3 digits of account number I put on form they already quoted the last one correctly. As it's a Saturday am wondering if this might have been a scam call. Did not think government offices worked at weekends. Any thoughts
  • Jade08
    Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    a parent at my son school works for the government office they work overtime on Saturday. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.