Working tax credits lost? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Working tax credits lost?

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
If you are currently on jsa but start work but claim. Pip will you get UC or working tax credits!! 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP should not affect your UC benefits or any other benefits you are claiming,.
  • kami24
    When do you go to the limited capability for work assessment???? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Unless you already have a claim for tax credits, you can no longer make a new claim. All areas are now a full UC area so it will be UC, of course a successful claim will depend on household income.

If you claim UC because you have a limited capability for work then you'll need to send in sick to claim this. You'll eventually be referred for a work capability assessment. Once this is done by your work coach you'll be sent the UC50. Return this will all your evidence and then a face to face assessment will most likely be needed as most have them. Time frames for this will depend on backlog in your area. For UC there's a "waiting period" of 3 months. Once the decision is made if you're given LCWRA then the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim. If the decision is LCW for there's no extra money paid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    Is limited capability for work as much as working tax credits were??? When do you have an assessment for lcw?? 
  • kami24
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The extra money from LCWRA is £328 per month and then you'd receive the standard allowance on top of that. Any earnings will be deducted from the UC after you've earned a certain amount of money during an assessment period.

Tax credits were awarded based on annual income, UC is based on monthly income. Everyone's circumstances are different and it depends on circumstances, therefore it's impossible to answer your question.

There's no timescales to when you'll have the assessment but you need to be sending in sick notes from your GP, otherwise you won't be referred for the work capability assessment.

I'd advise you to visit your local advice centre for a benefits check. You also need to look at the criteria for LCWRA to see if you could qualify because it doesn't apply to everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    Okay that's a bit clearer sad for anyone leaving school etc making a new claim (or would have) of tax credits because now they will lose potentially thousands a year of benefits 
  • kami24
    Still less than working tax credits I'm guessing?? So Where's the incentive????? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.