Fibromyalgia, feeling isolated, and wanting to make friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia, feeling isolated, and wanting to make friends

m_krexa
m_krexa Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I suffer real bad with fibromyalgia and I feel isolated. Just would like to meet friends 

Comments

• m_krexa
    I forgot to mention my name is Maurice and I live near Swaffham 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @m_krexa

Good Morning it's great to meet you today ? ? ? 

You have come to the right place for "meeting & greating" new friends/members. 

Please please let me know if you need any further help/support????

@steve51
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Maurice (@m_krexa), and a warm welcome to the community! Great to have you here. Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?

We have lots of friendly community members here, so do get involved and join in our discussions. If we can be of any assistance, do let us know!
  • marmalade
    marmalade Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
    Hi maurice i too have fibromyalgia and CFS.  I understand how isolating it can be.  I too am new here.
  • m_krexa
    Last week I lost my fiancee and I feel so lost at the moment and I don't know where to turn 
  • marmalade
    marmalade Community member Posts: 69 Pioneering
    @m_krexa
    So sorry for your loss.  What a difficult time you are going through.  Hopefully this site will offer some comfort to you.  Blessings
  • JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Hello Maurice welcome to the forum. 

My daughter suffers from Fibromyalgia alongside other problems and I know that she has found this condition more isolating than her other difficulties.   It is good to have this online forum where like minded people can understand the effects this awful condition has on your life.  Another option for you may be the Fibromyalgia group on Facebook, my daughter has found the site to be very helpful and supportive  especially when she is having a really bad time.   It may be worth having a look.    I do hope this year becomes much brighter for you.
  • jlo
    jlo Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi I'm Tracy & in the same boat as you all ?
  • porsche
    porsche Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    I'm in same boat too,yes there's a good fibro group on fb ,we all vent and complain and give advice on there please join us ,I'm on usually day n night lol get me anytime,I live in Sheffield UK.....chins up people...
  • MKMale
    MKMale Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hello @m_krexa
    I am also a Fibro sufferer as well as CFS/M.E and a few other issues. I completely understand what it feels like. I like you find that the isolation and i never thought I would be saying this. But I am lonely, I'm a 53yr old straight male, live alone and can go weeks without anyone caring....
    I am sorry. I am not being much help, but if you are ever in Milton Keynes, just let me know. I am happy to help in any way I can. A cup of tea or stronger is always waiting for you if you need/want to.
    Hoping today finds you a little better than yesterday
    Blessings Be
    Drew
  • jeanypee3
    jeanypee3 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello Maurice. I’ve joined today and I have Fibromyalgia and arthritis. I sympathise with you. I feel lonely too and am getting more reluctant to go anywhere . 
    Jean

Brightness