Pip letter from Doctor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip letter from Doctor

donna63031
donna63031 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi
Just want some advice my doctor has written a letter outlining my condition back pain from advanced degenerative disc disease with impingement on nerve.
Depression anxiety for my face to face assessment next week.
I had an assessment last year and didn't get enough points for pip 
Because the tribunal time in Bradford has a long waiting time I filled in another How your disability effects you, due to my health deterioration I have a support worker coming with me for support any advice as I felt the one I had last year was dreadful 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    edited January 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jnl
    jnl Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Donna6303, I live in Northern Ireland and my Drs surgery do not do pip forms or letters 
  • donna63031
    Hi 
    Yes I'm under the MSK clinic and see a consultant at the hospital for pain injections I have copies of appointments and Mri scans that have already been sent in with my form
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, as you know from making your statements in your application form for PIP it’s about how your illnesses and disability impact on your daily life and your abilities to to the tasks as described in the PIP descriptors, so having your doctors letter but being still able to preform the activities described in the PIP descriptors will not get you a PIP award you need to give several reasons for each of the descriptors as to why you cannot preform them safely and repeatedly in a reasonable time frame. 
  • Yadnad
    Yadnad Posts: 2,856 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    Yes I'm under the MSK clinic and see a consultant at the hospital for pain injections I have copies of appointments and Mri scans that have already been sent in with my form
    It is quite possible that the DWP will see that you did not want to appeal against the earlier decision and from that would assume that you thought that the decision they made was accepted by you as being the right one.

For this re-application you are going to have to show that not only is the impact what it is now but that it was the same last time round.

I had to do this a few years back as the DWP decided that nothing had changed so the previous decision was right and so was the current one. I actually proved with evidence in 2011 that not only were they wrong now but were also wrong as far back as in 2004. The DWP eventually conceded that I was right and that my benefit should never have stopped in 2004. Logic dictated that those 'missing' 7 years (2004 - 2011) should now be paid. The DWP refused citing the fact that I never appealed against the wrong 2004 decision and as such they had no authority to pay for those missing years. 
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    I went to a PIP and really wasn’t prepared. I hope I am more so for my Appeal. I have Epilepsy who relies totally on diaries and reminders to keep this muddled brain more or less working. I have involved my local MP and I know Epilepsy sufferers are being re-assessed. Mostly we look OK, can perform the simple tasks asked of us at PIP interview but ask me where such and such is, how any regular route is taken, what I had for tea, what was on TV or when my next Aura or Fit was and unless I have my diaries, it’s a blank and only getting worse with each Fit. Appreciate people are far worse off than me and I applaud your courage. 
  • donna63031
    Thankyou for your replies 
    Yes I have looked at each descriptor that effects me and can answer how my disability effects me daily.
    I was asked to fill another how my disability effects me due to my health worsening 
    From DWP. I contacted them in October 2018 as I was in hospital for 10 days and they said they couldn't add the new information on due to it awaiting Tribunal 
    The Tribunal court wrote to me stating if I was unsuccessful the next time the tribunal will go back to the date 2017 when I was awarded 6 points
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 172 Pioneering
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.