UC basically stealing money from some - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

UC basically stealing money from some

2»

Comments

• clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Morning michfinch and Ralph blimey mate 20 years writing a diary and all it gets is a curious glance seems like a lot of hard work mate to get that response don't you think 
  • Ralph
    Ralph Community member Posts: 79 Pioneering
    Yep it’s a bit disheartening but when you do show all of them at interviews it does make your case stronger, I think. 
    It’s also useful for doctors visits. It’s very easy to mix up days when fits have occurred, as the memory plays tricks, so I take the current one to the surgery. 
    Talking of MP’s I think the current 50% rule on pip is probably the most unfair rule as far as epilepsy and other fluctuating conditions are concerned and that needs addressed immediately. 

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Yes, that’s why I have involved my MP. Could you involve yours? Thanks, M
  • Ralph
    Ralph said:

Talking of MP’s I think the current 50% rule on pip is probably the most unfair rule as far as epilepsy and other fluctuating conditions are concerned and that needs addressed immediately. 
    Do you have an alternative to suggest?

It’s a significant improvement on DLA which required nearly 60% of the time (4 days in 7 etc.) and its of little relevance to epilepsy and shouldn’t harm the case at all. To put that in perspective, someone who gets no warning; can fit at any time unpredictably but only fits maybe once a week should still be able to construct a successful case for daily living because the “any time” bit is what’s relevant. Obviously that balance shifts if the fit is only once every 3 months the case law is quite clear in stating that you balance risk againat frequency exactly as for DLA.
    Yet people like me who were getting care on DLA are being turned down for care on pip. 
    I agree that they should be getting care if they are getting frequent fits without warning. They pose a danger of injury to themselves and others at all times and therefore must be supervised.
    If you need constant supervision you should get the care component. 
    Frequent could mean once a week or fortnight, or month I don’t know.
  • clarkjohnson
    Blimey it's very confusing my brain hurts as for people suggesting what books to read try spike milligan . Told you I was ill the words on his gravestone 
  • clarkjohnson
    Yes it beats all the gloom 
  • Ralph
    I listened to the audiobook Hitler my part in his downfall. Read by Spike, had me in stitches. Superb. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler:_My_Part_in_His_Downfall

• Ralph

How appropiate. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.